1/32 Kingfisher Decals

Sponsor's Area Red Roo Models
An area for Red Roo Models to make announcements about new products, upcoming products, sales and other information.

Moderators: erussell, Redroo

1/32 Kingfisher Decals

Postby erussell » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:30 am

About to be released.

Explanatory preview here.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... ingfisher/
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models (redroomodels.com)
erussell
Devotee

Re: 1/32 Kingfisher Decals

Postby erussell » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:32 am

Postby Rabbit Leader » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Those reversible decals look interesting Ed, but I wonder if there's a chance that numpties like me could apply the wrong codes to the wrong fuselage side. Is there any reason why the type 'A1' roundels are reversed, however the normal RAAF type roundels appear not to be? Just curious... that's all.

Anyway - I hope they take off for you. Are you just testing the market, or should we see this format with all new Red Roo decals in the future?

Cheers .. Dave

In fact all of the decals are reversed. It's just more obvious in some than others.
If us three at Red Roo could apply them without difficulty we really don't expect any problems to arise for the average modeller. If you can take the average screen print decal, trim the excess carrier film off it (some are so fine they don't have excess, some are awful) dip it in water and apply it to the model, then you will be fine with these.

There is a review here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... oo-models/

x
This is just a technology test for us.This method produces decals of equal or better quality than screen printing but we intend to use it for short runs only at this stage. The minimum print run of high quality screen printed decals is 100 or 200 but some sheets we feel will only sell 50 or so. This technology should make these sort of runs affordable.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models (redroomodels.com)
erussell
Devotee

Re: 1/32 Kingfisher Decals

Postby Rabbit Leader » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks for the explanation Ed.
I'm keen to have a go, just for the sake of trying something different!! - although it probably won't be a 1/32 scale Kingfisher even though they look really good.

I like the way that you've thought about the likley production run, so have investigated new technological alternatives to keep overall costs down.
Looking forward to what else you may have on the drawing boards - perhaps 1/72 scale.

Cheers and good luck.. Dave.
Rabbit Leader
Devotee