Suggestions for new products

Sponsor's Area Red Roo Models
An area for Red Roo Models to make announcements about new products, upcoming products, sales and other information.

Moderators: Redroo, erussell

Suggestions for new products

Postby rhagger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Following on from the general forum Ventura discussion and Ed's suggestion that I post here to gauge interest I thought I'd air a few brief thoughts. I appreciate that there needs to be the demand to make them a viable proposition, but I would be happy to see:
-1/48 RAAF PV-1 Ventura decals-13 Sqn and/or maybe 459 Sqn
-1/48 Beaufighter 21 wheels with "block" tread patterned tyres
-and especially (and I understand there may be different views on this) a more accurate canopy for the 1/48 SH Wirraway.
Regards,
Robert

Edit - Thank you for this. Hopefully others will endorse these suggestions if they like them and add more if they wish to.
rhagger
Devotee

Re: Suggestions for new products

Postby RAAFBrat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:35 pm

I'd welcome reasonably priced kits of things like the Wirraway, F8 Meteor, CAC Sabre etc. As I'm building a Beaufighter atm the tyres mentioned above are a good idea too as is the Wirraway canopy.
RAAFBrat
Devotee

Postby Mick Clarke » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 am

Would you also consider doing Ventura Decals in 1/72? Say as a set like to what you have done with the "Away team" series.
Mick Clarke
Beginner

Postby Redroo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 am

G'Day Mick,

We are currently starting research on two more Away Team projects which will move us into twin and multi engine aircraft and we are looking specifically at Europe and North Africa/Middle East. I can't give you any idea of what might finish up on the decal sheets yet as we are just starting out on the search for photos, data and source documents. More news as it comes to hand.

Cheers,

Gary
Redroo
Devotee

Postby rodenlee » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Gary
I have all the Away Team decals to date and they are excellent, thank you.

Are you planning any Baltimores, Defiants, Blenheim IV and Vs, Lysanders, Hurricane IICs, in 1:48 scale for your Away Team sets?? I have these kits awaiting RAAF decals and would certainly be in the market for any of these you might produce.
rodenlee
Devotee

Postby erussell » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Yes we are actively considering all of these. There would appear to be two categories

1. Obvious Australian connection and more likely to be done - Halifax, Stirling, Mosquito, Ventura, Beaufighter etc

2. Tenuous connection and less likely - Defiant, Lysander, Blenheim etc where there are no known interesting markings or Australian in theory only.

Feel free to come up with suggestions for specific ones.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models (redroomodels.com)
erussell
Devotee

Postby Mick Clarke » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Redroo wrote:G'Day Mick,

We are currently starting research on two more Away Team projects which will move us into twin and multi engine aircraft and we are looking specifically at Europe and North Africa/Middle East. I can't give you any idea of what might finish up on the decal sheets yet as we are just starting out on the search for photos, data and source documents. More news as it comes to hand.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary,
Thats exactly what I'm after. Looking forward sooner than later. If they're anything like your previous series you're on a winner. Thanks Mick.
Mick Clarke
Beginner

Postby rodenlee » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Ed/Gary
I was thinking of1:48 decals such as:

3 Sqn Lysander;
451 Sqn Hurricane IIc;
454 Sqn Blenheim IVs, Vs, and Baltimores;
456 Sqn Defiants (with PZ*, SA* or RX* codes);
459 Sqn Hudsons in Coastal Command colours;

And what about a real "Away Team" set of things like: