Aussie Mine Clearer

Member's Area Reader's Photos Military vehicles reference section
An area for reference images of real military vehicles of all ages and countries.

Aussie Mine Clearer

Postby Cyclops » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

I came across this on the Highway a week or 2 ago. I followed it in the distance for about 20 mins, but as my truck is speed limited to 95kms per hour, I couldn't catch him to get a decent photo to see what I was actually looking at. Looked like a mine clearer. But I didn't know we had these. Couldn't see a cab, so I guessed it was remote controlled. So I asked a few mates some questions and done some research, and a mate come up with it's a DOK-ING MV-10. The MV-10 was selected by the Ministry of Defence for Land 144 Countermine Capability project. The production of 8 MV-10 systems was begun in 2009. The final sytsem was delivered to the Australian Govt. in Sept 2010

Then 2 days ago I was cruising home in my ute and went past one of the truck stops in town, and I'll be buggered I saw it again. Only this time a little dirtier. I'm assuming it has been up to Shoal Water Bay to dig up a new vege patch or something. So not letting the chance go by, I pulled up and took a quick walkaround of it on the old IPhone. It's just a pity that the light was fading.

And then just tonight, I was sorting the photos off my phone onto my laptop, and went to create a folder called "Mine Clearer", and I already had one. Had a look in the folder, and bugger me, I alreadcy had a defence photo I'd saved from last year in there of this type of machine but with a different tool on the front.

Ben
Cyclops
Devotee

Re: Aussie Mine Clearer

Postby tiger1944 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Cool pics, I didn't even know we had something like this!
Looks like a rotary hoe with added flails.
tiger1944
Devotee

Postby Devo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:24 am

I cant believe they didn't clean off the loose dirt before transport! So much for weeds & seeds as well as the crap coming off and hitting other road users.
As a float driver myself, that machine wouldn't have been loaded on my truck until it was cleaned properly. I guess the Pongo's don't have to worry about those things anymore......

Nice pics btw.
Devo

Postby Cyclops » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Devo,

Most stuff that I see coming through town from SWBTA is aways filthy, I'd say it went straight to the wash bay on the base on Western St. As a truck driver I would've brushed most of that off myself before I hit the road.
Ben
Cyclops
Devotee