Heller 1/200 "SMIT ROTTERDAM"
by Dirk Derks
This is the ship “SMIT ROTTERDAM” made with the Heller 1/200 Scale kit built OOB. The diorama depicts the ship at anchor in Barbados, preparing for the next job.
- The ship is a Long range ocean going tug from the famous Leen Smit &Co.
- Built by: Merwede Shipyard (The Netherlands) in 1975.
- Installed main machinery: 22000 HP
- Transit speed:14 knots.
- This ship and its’ sister “Smit London” were already partly designed for the heavy offshore.
- Present owners “Svitzer”.