Willy's Jeep

Willy's Jeep and trailer

by Gary Boucher



These images were taken at the Army Museum Bandiana 20th of November 2010

The Jeep saw service in Japan with the British Commonwealth Occupation Force (BCOF) after WW2 and still has original markings.  The Trailer served in New Guinea during WW2.  The Jeep was used until 1953 when it was auctioned off.  It was purchased by ‘Utptans’ of Corowa then sold to Alan Kerr of Oaklands NSW.  In 1981 it was purchased by Ray Zeinert of Kiewa and because of its historical significance it was purchased by the Army Museum Bandiana in 2005.  All paint and markings are original.